Decrypt file from PGP Desktop Professional

Shawn Protsman s_protsman at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 06:07:56 CEST 2008

This is not a problem. I use both, PGP Desktop, gnupg and PGP Command Line interchangeably all the time. You would decrypt the file the same way you would any other file.

Encrypted file with pgp:

$ pgp -e appts.txt -r jd at foo.com
appts.txt:encrypt (0:output file appts.txt.pgp)

Decrypt the file with gpg:

$ gpg -o appts.tmp.txt -d appts.txt.pgp
You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
user: "John Doe <jd at foo.com>"
2048-bit ELG-E key, ID 6AD4EB61, created 2007-02-12 (main key ID BB93ECF1)

gpg: encrypted with 2048-bit ELG-E key, ID 6AD4EB61, created 2007-02-12
      "John Doe <jd at foo.com>"