Accessing the private DOs of the smartcard

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Apr 9 17:00:11 CEST 2008

On Wed,  9 Apr 2008 12:46, email at sven-radde.de said:

> smartcard? The best thing I know is to use "gpg --card-edit" to get at
> the PIN-protected DOs, which is cumbersome and does not give a very
> machine-friendly output...

You can script that (use --with-colons, --status-fd and command-fd).
There is even a gpgme interface to it.  It is also possible to read the
content from a file in the --card-edit menu:

  privatedo 4 < FILE

Another way to sscript this is by using gpg-agent and gpg-connect-agent.
Have a look at the gpg/gpg-agent/scdaemon communication by enabling a
log file for scdaemon and using "debug 1024".

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner