Need Help

Debabrata Das mca_debu at yahoo.co.in
Tue Apr 8 15:47:40 CEST 2008

Hi All,

Currently we are using GnuPG 1.4.7 which is under GPL V2 on HP-UX ,but we came to know that there is a security vulnerability on GnuPG 1.4.8 & earlier version.Since Gnupg 1.4.9 is under GPL V3 & we don't want to move to  product under GPL v3.Can you please tell us if it is  permissible to back port  all the changes  made to GnuPg 1.4.9 on to Gnupg 1.4.7.

We are interested to use whatever the changes made to bug-fix release Gnupg 1.4.9  on to Gnupg 1.4.7 which is under GPL V2 and use it.

Looking forward for your response.

Regards
Debabrata
India