How trust works in gpg...

Peter Lewis prlewis at letterboxes.org
Mon Apr 14 23:05:58 CEST 2008

Hi there,

Firstly, apolgies if this is a simple query. I didn't get the answer though
from reading the manual.

My friend and I signed each others' keys last week. However, since then he has
added another UID with his work email address to his key. This showed up in
my keyring when I sync'ed with the keyserver. This was after I had signed his
key. However his new UID is not shown as trusted by me, even though he has
signed his new UID with his key, which I have in turn also signed.

Is this supposed to happen?

Thanks,

Pete.