Kontact Singature Validation Issue

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Wed Apr 16 10:00:11 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I have an issue with mail signatures in my mail setup and want to ask
whether anybody has experienced something similar and/or where to look for
a solution.
I standardly MIME-sign my mail using kontact, the kde PIM. Everything works
fine and the sent mails in the "sent mail" folder validate just fine.
However, mail I send to myself - no matter through which of a number of
smtp servers at my disposal - fail the signature test after arrival.
Might be one element of my overly-elaborate mail collection scheme is to
blame? It looks like so:
1. A number of mail accounts all forewarding to a gmail account
2. fetchmail imap-pulling the messages from the gmail account and inserting
it into a local kolab installation
3. kontact imap-retrieves the mail from kolab.

Any insight into this is highly appreciated!

Cheers, Joh