upgrading from 1.x to 2.x

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Apr 22 08:54:28 CEST 2008

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 23:55, tcurdt at vafer.org said:

> refreshing the keys fails.
>
> $ gpg2 --refresh-keys
> an mpi of size 0 is not allowed
> gpg: keyring_get_keyblock: read error: Invalid packet

Incidently this problem was reported to me yesterday and figured out
that the http key helper tool did not worked at all.  Teh windows socket
layer was not initialized and at another point we did a dup for a socket
which is not going to work.  I don't know why this bug lurked around for
so long.  It might be that gpg2 accidently used the gpg1 key helper
tools (which works) or that we only tested direct hkp server and finger
support.

Fixed in svn.

> And even importing a file that (at least) looks perfectly OK gives me
>
> $ gpg2 --import msg.asc
> gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
> gpg: Total number processed: 0
>
> This is GnuPG 2.0.8 on OSX 10.5.2 installed via MacPorts

Well, this is anotehr problem.  I bet the msg.asc is not okay or there
is a problem with the MacPorts version of gpg2.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner