OpenPGP card stopped working

Micah Anderson micah at riseup.net
Wed Apr 23 16:57:54 CEST 2008

Henry Bremridge <henry.bremridge at xobie.com> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 10:07:41PM -0400, Micah Anderson wrote:
>> $ gpg --card-status
>> gpg: apdu_send_simple(0) failed: no card
>> Please insert the card and hit return or enter 'c' to cancel:
>> gpg: pcsc_establish_context failed: no service (0x8010001d)
>> gpg: card reader not available
>> gpg: OpenPGP card not available: general error
>>
> I have a SCR-335 (on Debian Lenny) and this failed this morning
>
> $ gpg --card-status
> gpg: pcsc_establish_context failed: no service (0x8010001d)
> gpg: card reader not available
> gpg: OpenPGP card not available: general error

I too am using Debian (sid), and wonder if this is related to some
library update. I tried downgrading my libpcsclite1 to the previous
version, but that didn't change anything. I've tried 2.6.24 and 2.6.22
kernels, with similar results.

Had you updated any packages right before you started seeing that?

Micah