dearmor in GPGME

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Apr 28 10:51:38 CEST 2008

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 04:22, camrdale at gmail.com said:

> I have an armored detached signature that I want to dearmor (without
> using the original plain text). I can do it on the command line with
> the --dearmor option, but how can I do it in GPGME? Is it possible?

You can't.

However the format is pretty simple: It is the usual base-64 encoding
enclosed in header lines.  Look for the 5-dash header line, then wait
for an empty line and start your base-64 decoder with the next line.
A plain base-64 decoder should stop righjt before the OpenPGP CRC
checksum, which you can ignore.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner