dearmor in GPGME

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Apr 28 20:11:31 CEST 2008

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:48, camrdale at gmail.com said:

> Thanks, I was aware of that, but hoping for a built-in method that
> would do it better, including checking the checksum for me. Oh well, a

Forget about the CRC checksum.  It is cruft from old days when mail
gateways garbled messages and PGP did not want to trouble the user with
a passphrase dialog.  If the checksum fails the actual crypto integrity
checks will bet triggered anyway.  In particular with gpg which does
stream processing and won't see the CRC before it has parsed the crypto
stuff.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner