Keyblock packet tree structure?

bezna george.davidescu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 21:50:34 CEST 2008

Werner Koch wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 17:34, george.davidescu at gmail.com said:
>
> The keyblock is defined by OpenPGP (rfc4880).  As of now gpg uses this
> very format to store the packets along with some metadata.  However this
> is an internal implementaion detail of gpg.
>
> As per OpenPGP the very first packet is either a public or secret key
> packet.

Hi Werner,

Thanks for the info. I'm looking now for some more detailed information,
maybe something like this:

PGP keypair
	pubic key component
	- public key ID
		UID 1 (primary)
			self-sig
			user A’s sig
			user B’s sig
			user C’s sig
		UID 2
			self-sig
			user A’s sig
		sub-key
		- sub key ID
			self-sig

	secret key component
	- private key ID
		UID 1
			self-sig
		UID 2
			self-sig
		sub-key
		- sub key ID
			self-sig

Is that the gist of it or is there anything else that I'm missing or
glaringly wrong? What's the "root" packet where the tree starts, the one
that links the public key and secret key packets, if they are even linked?