Starting with gnupg

Dwayne dwawpod at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 13:46:08 CEST 2008

Hey there

I've just begun using gnupg, but I have a concern:

Lets say I've encrypted a file with my public-key, and uploaded it to
somewhere on the net for backup purposes. What will happen, in case my
backup-place gets compromised, and the file comes into the "wrong hands".
Should I be worried that the person has the encrypted file or can I feel
"safe" that the person doesn't have my privatekey+passphrase and therefore
cannot decrypt it?

best regards,
dwayne