--allow-multiple-messages in gpg 1.4.9

Nicholas Cole nicholas.cole at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 19:05:54 CEST 2008

I don't know if this is a bug, or my own misreading of the
documentation, but --allow-multiple-messages doesn't quite seem to do
what the documentation leads me to expect:

<quote>
Allow  processing  of  multiple  OpenPGP messages contained in a
single file or stream.
</quote>

If I create a file with two armored openpgp signed bocks, only the
first one appears to be processed by gpg, even with this option
provided.  The second is silently ignored.

The option appears to be ignored whether or not I read from the file
or provide the blocks on stdin and whether or not I use the explicit
--decrypt option.

Best wishes,

Nicholas