Some questions

zulag zulag4 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 23:49:00 CEST 2008

Hi,
I have some questions :
1. The GnuPG documentation states that "--export-secret-key" is "a
security risk". Since no passphrase is asked, I imagine the exported
key is not clear text. So why is it a security risk ? Because it would
make it impossible (useless) to change the secret key passphrase later
if the exported encrypted file goes public ?

2. Is it a bad practice to encrypt a file and then "clearsign" the
encrypted file instead of doing directly "-ea" (with which we cannot
check the signature before extracting, if we ever wanted to) ?

thanks by advance for answering