Some questions

zulag zulag4 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 15:55:13 CEST 2008

>> I assume that the warning is there, because an exported key is somewhat
>> likely to end up in some public-readable place and this is generally a
>> bad thing - even if it is protected by a passphrase. You should at least
>> take the risk willingly.
OK, but what exactly are the risks, what to expect to protect from ?
Is it because of the possible password "cracking" and the password
becoming unmodifiable (because people have a copy of the key encrypted
with the password "P" you had when you exported your key, so whatever
stronger password "Q" you set later, they can attack and compromise
your key by finding "P") ?

thanks