Importing old PGP key

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Aug 13 12:21:10 CEST 2008

Kiss Gabor (Bitman) wrote:
> What should I do?

I'd start by asking whether you really need that key.  512-bit RSA is
nowhere near modern standards of sufficiency; it is quite likely that in
just a few years such keys will be able to be broken by motivated high
school students.

RSA-512 is grossly inadequate for essentially any serious cryptographic
purpose.

If you absolutely _must_ have this key in GnuPG, well, we can help you
do it.  But first ask yourself whether you should be migrating to 2kbit
keys.  If so, then now is the ideal time to do it.