Publish Certificates

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Aug 20 07:53:26 CEST 2008

kurt c wrote:
> What is this "job:~ rjh$ gpg" command? It sure didn't work on my vista
> command prompt...

First, don't type in commands if you don't understand what they are or
what they're doing.  If you typed in "job:~ rjh$ gpg" just because you
saw it in an email of mine, I can only imagine what you'd do if you saw
"del *.*" in another email.

... Anyway.  It's a UNIX command prompt.  It identifies my machine as
"job", my current directory as $HOME, and my login as rjh.

My naming scheme uses the books of the Bible.  Each machine gets a
unique and easy to remember name, and it makes it quite easy to tell
whether a given system is newer or older than another.  E.g., ezra is
older than psalms.

Ironically, psalms is my iPod.