Securely delete files...

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Thu Aug 21 13:08:44 CEST 2008

markus reichelt wrote:
> 30M? I guess not. Industrial grade conc. hydrochloric acid is about
> 12M max

I am no chemist, but I would not be at all shocked to find that
well-stocked research laboratories have supplies on hand that you or I
would consider ridiculous.

As an example, a few weeks ago I was talking to a fellow graduate
student here.  He was talking about the fun he'd recently had with
fluoroantimonic acid.  This stuff will protanate _methane_.  Of course,
Stephen characterized it as "a lot of fun" and "we should get you into
the lab sometime, Rob!", at which point I realized that I kind of liked
not being dissolved...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluoroantimonic_acid

("I will not screw with the chemistry grad students, for I am two-thirds
water, and thus am an ambulatory supply of useful if impure solvent.")