Securely delete files...

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Thu Aug 21 22:54:57 CEST 2008

Faramir wrote:
>   I think maybe it would be easier to ask government to allow you to
> include the hdd between the seized weapons to be destroyed...

There are a ton of very efficient ways to destroy hard drives which
everyday users can do.  There's no need to have other people do it for
you -- after all, how can you be sure they'll do it at all?  If you want
your hard drive destroyed, you really have no choice but to do it yourself.

Hammering the drive platters, grinding off the drive surfaces, bulk
degaussers, powerful acids and thermite are all cheap and effective,
albeit all of them requiring some knowledge of safety precautions.