[SOLVED] Re: gpg-agent, ssh-add & crypto card keys

Jens Peter Secher jpsecher at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 15:45:59 CEST 2008

2008/8/20 Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org>:

> Check out whether scdaemon is working, example:

Sorry about my late reply.  Thanks a lot for your help!

The problem seemed to be that

 1. Use a regular key (ie. .ssh/id_rsa) with ssh-add to login via ssh,
and no card inserted.

 2. Inserting the card.

 3. Now the card was not recognised by ssh-add -l.

When I write in past tense, it is because everything seems to work
fine now, and I have not been able to reproduce.

The problem /might/ have been solved by an automatic update to
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/90x11-common_ssh-agent on my Debian system.

I am sorry I cannot be more specific, but if the problem does not
resurface, I guess everything is fine.

Thanks,
--
 Jens Peter Secher.
_DD6A 05B0 174E BFB2 D4D9 B52E 0EE5 978A FE63 E8A1 jpsecher gmail com_.