Installation gnupg on Windows

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Fri Aug 29 16:59:45 CEST 2008

On Aug 29, 2008, at 8:48 AM, Robert J. Hansen wrote:

> Faramir wrote:
>> Same here... By the way, I still don't understand the benefit from
>> GPG2...
>
> Principally, two things:
>
> * The architecture has been redone to make it easier to maintain
> * The introduction of S/MIME support
>
> These are the two claims Werner, David and others have made re: GnuPG
> 2.x.  I have not yet verified either; I have no need for GnuPG's S/
> MIME,
> and I haven't taken a good look at the code.

This isn't quite right - I haven't been very involved in GPG 2-
specific stuff (S/MIME, the assuan stuff, etc).  I've been very
involved in GPG in general, of course, but my work with OpenPGP tends
to apply to both 1 and 2.  GPG 1 scratches my particular itch, so I
usually run that rather than the larger GPG 2.

David