GnuPG 2.0,9 - Error when trying to compile in Linux.

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Dec 3 18:28:42 CET 2008

Charly Avital wrote:
> Thanks in advance for your help.

The problem is fairly simple, but I can't give a complete fix since I
don't have an Ubuntu 8.04 system handy.

The root of it is that you have the files zlib needs to run, but not the
files you need to compile applications which use zlib.  These are
probably going to be found in something named zlib-dev, or something
similar.  (E.g., on my Ubuntu 8.10 system I think it's actually named
zlib1g-dev.)

"sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev" might be useful to you, assuming it's
named the same on an 8.04 system.