Which is the path to gpg.conf in windows?

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sun Dec 14 23:07:28 CET 2008

Faramir wrote:
>   In my experience, gnupg doesn't create a gpg.conf file by default when
> it installs. But, IIRC, you must place your gpg.conf file in the folder
> you have showed us...

I should also add for the OP that Enigmail has an option (in the
Advanced tab of the Preferences window) to add its own comment to the
signature.

As John Clizbe said, in conflicts between gpg.conf and the Enigmail
preferences, Enigmail wins.  Leaving that option checked means you'll
still get a comment block.

You must uncheck that comment block _and_ set "no-comment" in gpg.conf
in order for all comments to be suppressed.

Further Enigmail questions should probably go to the Enigmail mailing list.