using gpg with private keys from openssl certificates?

arghman jmsachs at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 23:34:40 CET 2008

>> * if I sign a message with that key pair, and someone challenges my
>> identity, what's the best/easiest way for me to prove my identity?
>
>You can't.
>
>Identity cannot be proven.  Evidence can be presented, but someone can

s/prove/assert

(at least I think assert is the right word... I couldn't think of the right
word when I wrote that)

I don't need them to interoperate, I would just like to use the same key
pair. WoT is fine but it would be nice to have a way to assert that [X = the
person in possession of private key K_pr = me + anyone I'm stupid enough to
share my private key with] is both trustable via Wot, *or* by trusting a
certificate authority. "trustable" probably not the right word but I'm a bit
shaky on the protocol vocabulary.