Corporate use of gnupg

David Picón Álvarez david at miradoiro.com
Tue Feb 19 14:23:18 CET 2008

> I know that ADK can be circumvented by a determined attacker, but it
> strikes me as a useful feature, and I have never quite understood the
> opposition to it.  It would have made encryption more palatable in
> corporate settings, which surely would have been a good thing!

IMO there are two possibilities: 1) your users are forgetful but honest, 2)
your users are dishonest.

For case 1, an equivalent of ADK can be obtained with a line on GPG's
configuration file.

For case 2, you are screwed, and ADK is only going to give you a false sense
of security.

Thus ADK is either pointless or unnecessary.

--David.