Moving from PGP to GPG

Maury Markowitz maury.markowitz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 21:40:08 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 1:53 PM, John Clizbe <JPClizbe at tx.rr.com> wrote:
>  At the present, keyring files in PGP and GnuPG are just sequential collections
>  of key packets.
>
>  GnuPG is expecting the .gpg extension. You don't have to rename the files, so
>  long as you tell GnuPG what the names are:

Ok, this is much more in keeping with my experience. Thanks for that,
I thought I was going crazy!

>  Either way, there's one detail to take care of: key trust. PGP calls it
>  'Implicit Trust' and stores it as part of the key. GnuPG calls it 'Ultimate
>  trust' and stores it in trustdb.gpg.

Ok, I put ultimate trust on both of our public keys. Do I need to do
the same for the private ones? If so, it's not entirely obvious how to
do so, because the hex doesn't show up when I --list-keys, is there
some additional option I need?

The bad news: it still says my passphrase is wrong! Which increasingly
leads me to believe my passphrase is wrong...

I will try removing it first.

Maury