Orphaned secret subkeys

Sebastien Chassot sinux at fsfe.org
Thu Feb 21 15:11:57 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 23:22 +0100, Nikola Lečić wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 02:37:10 +0100
> Nikola Lečić <nikola.lecic at anthesphoria.net> wrote:
>
> > I wasn't aware that one had to 'save' a key immediately after deleting
> > a subkey (using delkey) in order to replace that subkey with a new one
> > (using addkey). Now I have this situation:
>
> Hi again,
>
> It seems that not so many mails remain unanswered on this list... So
> please let me know if I should report my question with more details or
> clarify something.

Hi,

You just have to toggle to secret keyring, select key (> key 4) and run
delkey. You'd be asked if you realy want delete a secret subkey.

That's what you did in public keyring but there is two keyring one
public and one secret. You could have run "gpg --delete-keys" and "gpg
--delete-secret-keys" too.

First message:
http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2008-January/032528.html

--