Moving from PGP to GPG

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri Feb 22 21:58:32 CET 2008

On Thursday 21 February 2008, Maury Markowitz wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 1:53 PM, John Clizbe <JPClizbe at tx.rr.com>
wrote:
> >  For the passphrase issue: the times I've seen this, it is usually
> > due to the passphrase having characters that don't map into the
> > command line code-page.
>
> Wait, is there a length limit?

Sure, but it's several thousand characters and therefore shouldn't be a
problem.

Anyway, that's not what John meant. What John meant is that the
passphrase maybe contains characters that the command line does not
accept, e.g. in latin1 locale you cannot enter the Euro symbol €
because the latin1 character set does not contain the Euro symbol.

Regards,
Ingo