Corporate use of gnupg

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue Feb 26 18:22:07 CET 2008

Andrew Berg wrote:
> Well, /I/ could've told you that. Don't tell me you never figured that
> out on your own.

Unless your day job involves being intimately involved in IP
transactions (not just writing code), you could have _speculated_ on
that.  There's a big difference between what you believe to be true,
what you think to be true, what you know to be true, and what you can
prove to be true.

When dealing with actual dollars and cents, it pays off in the long run
to pay the money required to get opinions from people who can prove the
correctness of their assertions.  This is true whether you're talking
about information security, law, medicine, or just about anything else.