How know who is a file encrypted for ?

vedaal at hush.com vedaal at hush.com
Wed Feb 27 15:51:05 CET 2008

Dirk Traulsen dirk.traulsen at lypso.de
wrote on Wed Feb 27 10:00:25 CET 2008

>You don't believe me to enter 9 times a complete passphrase, do
you?

i agree with you completely that it would be a major annoyance to
have to enter a complete passphrase, even 3 times,
and certainly would be very annoying to enter it 9 times,

my point was that you don't need to enter the *complete* passphrase
at all, or even 'any' part of it,

all you have to do is press the 'enter' key without typing
*anything*

pressing the 'enter' key 9 times quickly, is something i can live
with without bothering the developers
(they were nice enough to include the option of being able to see
the passphrase as it is typed in, after i requested it),
[belated THANKS !!! ;-)  ]

==============
>C:\>gpg --recipient-keys ENCRYPTED_FILE.gpg
>gpg: file ENCRYPTED_FILE.gpg was encrypted to the following keys:

i agree, and would welcome this as well,
also agree that the pgpdump provides extra distracting information,
when all one is interested in, is finding out who the encrypted
recipients are

only brought up pgpdump as a useful solution until this could be
done,
(it lets you see how many times you need to press 'enter' to get to
your key)

and also, that since it is open source,
it might be easier for the developers look at it and add a modified
patch to have gnupg do the 'gpg --recipient-keys' option as you
suggested

(btw,
i made a mistake in my example, it was encrypted to 4 keys instead
of 5, i forgot i turned of my 'encrypt to default key' option  ;-(
)

vedaal

any ads or links below this message are added by hushmail without

--
Click to get a free auto insurance quotes from top companies.
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4d8EHyLkuT6PZ33RrS131T3H2ZH6Fus2c3hJ5Yj08REzU9VV/