GPG Decryption of a PGP encrypted zip file resulting in garbled zip file

Steve Liu stevecliu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 17:07:55 CET 2008

Hello,

I'm a newbie here, but I have a problem decrypting a zip file encrypted with
pgp. I was trying to subscribe to the gpg group, but it didn't reply, so I
couldn't post there.  So I thought I'd ask the folks here.

The problem is this, I generate a standard 2048-bit ELG-E key and sent off
the public part to the client.
Similarly they sent me a 1024D (1024bit?) key which I was able to import
successfully

They then uploaded a file reportedly encrypted with their key. I take
the file, decrypt it, and it seems to decrypt successfully (just a warning
that it was not integrity protected).  This results in a zip file

However, when I try to uncompress the zip file, it would not decrypt Winzip
would complain that it is an invalid archive

I'm using GPG 1.4.7
I don't know what the client is using, but they required a DH/DSS key
from me (though this should have nothing to do with the file that they
send me, right?)

The symptom seem to match a little with what was described in:
http://marc.info/?l=gnupg-users&m=104982312123419&w=2
But, as that was supposed to be resolved 4 years ago, I hope that this
is just some user error on my part.
Cheers,
Steve