Question about history of hash and cipher collections

Kevin Hilton kevhilton at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 04:15:42 CET 2008

Sorry the last post was cut off

Sorry about my post

I can see you seem to know a lot about gpg -- thanks.

Whatever happened to the tiger hash??

Lastly, do you know the reason that the serpent cipher algorithm never
made it into gpg.  From the NSA competition, I thought the serpent
algorithm came in second --- again Im not sure of the criteria that
was used to judge strength -- but wasnt it from this competition that
the US gov adopted AES as the national standard?  Just a question, b/c
from my very elementary understanding of ciphers, it seems like
serpent is a very secure standard.  I believe looking at the source
code (either in pgg or pgp2 -- I cant remember) I even saw a serpent.c
file.

Thanks for your input