Why gpg complains?

Gonzalo Bermúdez gonzalob at gonz0.com.ar
Sat Jan 19 16:21:54 CET 2008

GnuPG is warning you since you seem to have not signed the Key.
IF you trust the key (i.e. you are sure to a reasonable degree that the
key owner is who he claims to be), then you should sign it and the
warning will go away.
To do so from the command line:

gpg --edit-key <key id>
> sign (1)
> save

(1) This step's output depends on some local config, so follow the
onscreen instructions.

This is a mini, nano, really short HOWTO. Before doing any of this you
should read and understand the GnuPG Privacy Handbook
(http://gnupg.org/documentation/guides.en.html), after which all will be
clearer.