[Enigmail] Keyservers mangle with subkey binding sigs - FIXED (was Re: Sub-Key Look-Up)

Vlad "SATtva" Miller sattva at pgpru.com
Mon Jan 21 13:32:48 CET 2008

Vlad "SATtva" Miller wrote on 19.01.2008 01:58:
[snip]
> Both subkeys have expired in the end of the last year, but I've chosen
> not to generate new and to simply extend life of existing subkeys for
> another few years, so I've re-signed them with extended expiration date
> and updated to keyservers. A few days later one of my correspondents
> contacted me saying that my key is expired and unusable. I've looked at
> keyservers, and was very surprised that they're not reflecting the
> changes made!
>
> Here for example (in the bottom) you may see two subkeys with binding
> signatures expired at 2007-12-31:
> http://pool.sks-keyservers.net:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x8443620A&op=vindex

Many thanks for all input. The problem disappeared in the same way it
was encountered. Another attempt to search keyservers showed that
everything is fine now, both subkeys have all the most recent 0x18
binding sigs. I can't discount the fact that it was I messing here
something badly, however this is quite unlikely...

Cheers,

--
SATtva | security & privacy consulting
www.vladmiller.info | www.pgpru.com