File Extensions supported by GnuPG..... (Faramir)

Bhushan Jain bhushan1988 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 14:08:23 CEST 2008

Hi,
I just want to know if there is some standard used by GnuPG  in terms of
extensions so that if I create an encrypted file or only signed file or
signed and encrypted file using my own program, then the respective files
would be compatible to GnuPG.

Please suggest me the extensions I should use for the following file

  1. Encrypt only
  2. Sign only
  3. Encrypt and sign

Also if I create my own extensions say 3 different extensions for the above
3 type of files then will the encrypted files be compatible with GnuPG?

If not which are the extensions the GnuPG would be compatible with?

Thanks,
Bhushan