question about hkp protocol

John Clizbe JPClizbe at tx.rr.com
Fri Jul 18 10:21:08 CEST 2008

kurt c wrote:
> Hi John, I really want to thank you for all your thorough explanations.

You're welcome.

> Yes, I did upgrade, and I have successfully sent in my public key to
> keyservers using OpenPGP key management in my Enigmail, although I still
> couldn't export the key to keyservers using my gpg4win GPA (getting the
> same message: "no plugin available for this protocol") -- but you don't
> care about the GPA -- nor using the command line. I really don't know
> why. If someone else can explain why the latter two mechanisms don't
> work, please do. Thanks.

I do pretty much everything not handled by Enigmail when clicking Send on the
command line. Your command line problems probably were due to an out-of-date
version of GnuPG on Vista. I'm not sure where you came up with the idea that I
don't care about using the command line. In fact, I often have to lookup the GUI
steps in Enigmail when answering questions.

I didn't say I don't care about GPA, I said I don't care for its interface. The
two statements are quite different

> Thank you John for your patience with my beginner frustration. (And I
> wasn't trying to hide my keyID, but just too lazy to type it.)

gpg: Signature made 07/18/08 02:35:54 using DSA key ID 8E758D5F
gpg: Good signature from "kurt c <kurtc1972 at gmail.com>"
Primary key fingerprint: B42E 3B59 E2E4 8ED9 B8CA  CF8C 13B3 D7FD 8E75 8D5F

You look to be working just fine. If you need any assistance with Enigmail, the
best place is the Enigmail list at Enigmail at mozdev.org. You don't need to
subscribe, but non-subscribers are moderated. Subscription details are at
https://www.mozdev.org/mailman/listinfo/enigmail

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:   John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or