how can i backsig old keys with a smartcard system to solve the cross-certification workaround

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jul 18 16:32:19 CEST 2008

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:09, jelledejong at powercraft.nl said:

> I tried searching the internet but found no solutions only this:
> https://bugs.g10code.com/gnupg/issue673

Right, you hit this case.

> The question now is, how can i backsig my old keys with my smartcard
> system to solve the cross-certification workaround?

You need to do this on a system where the real key is available.  The
error message indicates that the actual secret key is not available but
replaced by a dummy stub (protection mode 1001).  This has nothing to do
with a smart card stub (protection mode 1002).

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner