[admin] What is top posting, and why should you avoid it?

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 01:27:41 CEST 2008

John B wrote:
> On 17 July 08, John Clizbe wrote:
>
>> A4: Yes, *only* when introducing the text of a forwarded message
>> Q4: Is it ever OK to top post?
>
>   A: Wrong, it's *never* correct, it leads only to someone, *again*, trying to
> argue that somehow it's okay, and still discombobulates everything.

I disagree. An introduction does fit logically at the top, however such
an introduction should be short. One does not need to read anything
below to get context for an introduction; in fact, such an introduction
may be there to put the rest of the message in context.

On a side note, is there any reason I didn't see the last message I sent
to the list?
--
Key ID: 0xF88E034060A78FCB
Fingerprint: 4A84 CAE2 A0D3 2AEB 71F6  07FD F88E 0340 60A7 8FCB