[admin] What is top posting, and why should you avoid it?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Jul 19 14:03:09 CEST 2008

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 12:33, dave.smith at st.com said:

> Does anyone know of a way to get M$ LookOut to support PGP/MIME properly
> (in particular, mails with attachments)?

GpgOL (from gpg4win) does that.  The version in 1.1.3 is a bit limited
and probably has a couple of bugs.  The beta version in 1.9.x is far
better and displays the attachments in the usual way and concatenates
all inline text parts.  Inline images are not shown, though.  That
version also sends PGP/MIME.

There are some drawbacks: A couple of minor bugs related to the fact
that GpgOL creates extra hidden attachments and a bit more of storage
needed.  There is also a report that PGP/MIME sending does not work with
Exchange 2007.  Anyway, it is beta and I am working on it.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner