can't verify my own signature

John Clizbe John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org
Sun Jul 20 14:22:03 CEST 2008

kurt c wrote:
> I'm puzzled here. I sent a signed email with my Enigmail to my other
> Gmail account, but some how when I tried to verify the signature by
> clicking on Windows PT --> clipboard -> decrypt/verify, it said that
> the signature is bad. I certainly have my own public key on my key ring,

"Having your public key" or not is a Red Herring.

> why did it say that?

Because the message you asked it to verify is not the *exact* message you sent.

Welcome to the "Wonderful" world of webmail. If you're wanting to use OpenPGP
with GMail, perhaps you should set up POP or IMAP access to the messages.

Does your copy in the Sent folder verify?

If you need any assistance with Enigmail, the _best_ place is the Enigmail list
at Enigmail at mozdev.org. You don't need to subscribe, but non-subscribers are
moderated to reduce SPAM. Subscription details are at
https://www.mozdev.org/mailman/listinfo/enigmail
--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:   John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or