General Posting Questions

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue Jul 22 00:22:23 CEST 2008

GNU MD wrote:
> 2) Question - Do we include the entire digest or merely the part to
> which we are replying?

Please do _not_ quote the entire digest.  Quote the part of the digest
that's directly relevant to what you have to say; clearly identify whom
it is you're quoting; and bottom-post as opposed to top-posting.

> 3) Question - when submitting a new inquiry - what information and
> process is preferred.

A good rule of thumb is "if someone were to come to me with this
question, what information would I ask for?"

What information we will need depends on your particular query.  For
most questions, information about your GnuPG version and what OS you're
running it on will suffice.

> I presume it is acceptable to simply send a new message with a
> relevant subject line to the gnupg-users list.

This is perfectly acceptable, yes.  :)