Camellia

vedaal at hush.com vedaal at hush.com
Thu Jun 12 16:39:22 CEST 2008

>Message: 9
>Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 07:42:19 -0400
>From: "John W. Moore III" <jmoore3rd at bellsouth.net>
>Subject: Re: CAMELLIA

>as Camellia has not been assigned an OpenPGP cipher
>number,
>I've picked 11 (the next unassigned number).  If Camellia gets
>approved with a different number, you won't be able to decrypt
>anything you've encrypted with this version of Camellia.

how hard would it be to write a patch for an option of
--try-all-symmetrics
or
--use-symmetric-name
that would ignore the cipher number and try all of them,
or try only the one specified ?

( disclaimer:
*not* a feature request for the gnupg team :-)

only a workaround thought
for the hackers who choose to enable Camellia now )

vedaal

any ads or links below this message are added by hushmail without
my endorsement or awareness of the nature of the link

--
Click now and invest wisely with these mutual fund resources!
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4et1fvUjVhrtGuh7eRe0JAVPVpuzeWgkdmUlSYzdXky4bmcn/