GNUPG 1.4.9 intallation fails on Solaris SunOS 5.10

Morton D. Trace classpath at arcor.de
Fri Jun 13 01:04:49 CEST 2008

Kush Asthana wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to install GNUPG 1.4.9 on solaris 5.10 with following versions
>
> sparc-sun-solaris2.10
> gcc v 3.4.3
> ld: Software Generation Utilities - Solaris Link Editors: 5.10-1.482
>
> Following error is encountered evertime I do make

before you run make  you do a configure,

./configure  AR=gar

That did the trick, gar under solaris is gnu ar.

the same should hold for m4 and all other gnu tools,

I use open solaris

bash-3.00$ uname -a
SunOS solaris-devx 5.11 snv_64a i86pc i386 i86pc

It works.

bash-3.00$ gpg  --version
gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.8
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA
Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2
bash-3.00$

Sincerely

Morten