Gpg4Win: Setting TEXTMODE On ?

Larry Seabrook larry_seabrook at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 01:08:49 CEST 2008

Hello,

We are using the Gpg4Win product for encrypting files.

The files we are encrypting and sending are text files with carriage-return and linefeed characters at the end of each line (record).  The receiver of these files needs the CR and LF characters preserved by the encryption-decryption process.  The files contain valid text data only.

When the file is decrypted by the receiver using another PGP-compliant product, the CR and LF characters are lost.

I BELIEVE we need to use the TEXTMODE=ON option when encrypting the file but the GUI for Gpg4Win does not reference this option.

QUESTION:  WILL Gpg4Win RECOGNIZE A PGP.CONF FILE CONTAINING "TEXTMODE=ON"?

(Please do a "Reply All" so that my work address is copied).

Thanks,

Larry