[Announce] GnuPG 2.0.9 released - make check failed

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Mar 26 17:44:24 CET 2008

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 16:11, gnupg at ethen.de said:

> make[3]: Leaving directory `/dev/shm/gpg/gnupg-2.0.9/tests/openpgp'

Strange name for a working directory ;-)

> make[3]: Entering directory `/dev/shm/gpg/gnupg-2.0.9/tests'
> asschk: cmd_expect_ok: expected OK but got `ERR 50331649 General error
> <GpgSM>'
> FAIL: sm-sign+verify

I meanwhile figured out what the problem is.  The tests are not really
correct becuase they require a running gpg-agent.  You also need to make
sure that all libraries are found if they are not installed in a
standard place.

Try this:

  $ agent/gpg-agent --daemon sh
  $ make check

If it does work, you may try a "cd tests && make clean" first but with
the agent running.  For the next release I will change the tests to work
properly by using the just build gpg-agent.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner