Merging trusts...

John Clizbe JPClizbe at tx.rr.com
Thu May 1 00:46:18 CEST 2008

Ramon Loureiro wrote:

> Hi!
> I'm new with GPG so excuse if my question is stupid or ridiculous...
> I use to read my IMAP email at home and at work. In both machines I use
> Enigmail with Thunderbird

Your question is neither stupid nor ridiculous.

> Is it possible to have an unique  trustdb file, so that I've the same
> trusted signatures  in both computers?
> Is there a way to synchronize them?

You can copy trustdb.gpg along with pubring.gpg and secring.gpg.

It's a good application for a USB drive: you can copy the files to the
USB drive and redirect GnuPG to use the keyring files on that drive.

You can copy the first set and then use --import to merge in the keys
from the second keyring to form the common keyring. You'll have to set
ownertrust individually, I don't believe there's a way to merge trustdb
values.

You'll want to use strong passphrases and keep a backup copy (or two) in
case the USB drive gets lost or damaged.
--
John P. Clizbe                   Inet: JPClizbe (a) tx DAWT rr DAHT con
Ginger Bear Networks             hkp:/keyserver.gingerbear.net