Revoking keys...

John Clizbe JPClizbe at tx.rr.com
Thu May 1 00:54:50 CEST 2008

Ramon Loureiro wrote:

> Hi!
> I'd like to delete one of the two emails asociated to my KEYID
> Do I need to revoke the KEY?
> Does it mind that the key is "destroyed"?
> What will happen with the signed emails I have sent?

There is no need to revoke the key. All you need do is revoke the UID
with the email address you no longer wish associated with your key.

gpg --edit-key 0x80c7d647

enter the number associatied witht he ID you wish to revoke. Then issue
the 'revuid' command and answer the confirmation question. 'save' to exit

--
John P. Clizbe                   Inet: JPClizbe (a) tx DAWT rr DAHT con
Ginger Bear Networks             hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net