Compile without libiconv or libintl on Solaris

Scott Lambdin lopaki at gmail.com
Tue May 6 21:37:03 CEST 2008

If I do a config like this, and ldd the resulting gpg binary, it still needs
libiconv and libintl.

./configure --prefix=/place/gnupg-1.4.8 --without-readline
--disable-gnupg-iconv --without-intl --without-iconv

I've tried a few variations on this.

I would like to compile statically but that fails to compile.  OMG I just
ran a static compile to get the error and it worked.  Someone sacrificed a
cat somewhere or something.  Well, my question mave have become a lot less
urgent.

On 5/6/08, David Shaw <dshaw at jabberwocky.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 01:26:44PM -0400, Scott Lambdin wrote:
> > Hello -
> >
> > Has anyone been able to compile 1.4.8 or 1.4.9 on Solaris without iconv
> or
> > intl?  The only way I have been able to do it is with --enable-minimal
> and
> > that disables too much.  Or am I going to have to really learn Makefiles?
>
> Can you post what happens when you try?  Where does it fail?
>
> David

CILCIL