Protecting private key on USB flash drive: how to? // secret-sharing

vedaal at hush.com vedaal at hush.com
Tue May 13 15:53:59 CEST 2008

>Message: 7
>Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 06:24:40 +0000
>From: Roscoe <eocsor at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Protecting private key on USB flash drive: how to? //
>	secret-sharing
>To: gnupg <gnupg-users at gnupg.org>
>
>I would have thought the 'secret' in shamirs secret sharing scheme
>could be an arbitrary piece of data?

you're right

i think i  mis-understood you

i thought (wrongly ;-) )
that what you meant,
was dividing up a password into several shares,
with a part of the password held by each one

what i now think you mean,
is that you want to protect the entire password as a data item,
using Shamir's secret-sharing system

that does work,

sorry,

vedaal

any ads or links below this message are added by hushmail without
my endorsement or awareness of the nature of the link

--
Click here for top quality Spyware removers.
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4dKPZkHV6HYGzYg59qVrSNIV4Y3NS4mvR8AAnaqrdVoQEjiH/