OpenPGP card +Lock screen -- possible???

Edward Robinson eddrobinson at gmail.com
Mon May 19 13:52:29 CEST 2008

Hello all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to use my openpgp smart card as a way of
locking my screen on my gnome / debian lenny distro?  I was thinking it would
be nice if on removal of my smart card the gnome-screensaver kicked in.  I am
not fussed about using it to unlock again (I have a fingerprint reader for that).

I guess really the simplest way would be if it was possible to run scripts on
removal of the card, that way I could just write a script to launch the
screensaver.

Cheers,

Edd