Am I Missing Something?

Sven Radde email at sven-radde.de
Thu May 29 16:42:45 CEST 2008

Carlos Williams schrieb:
> You can see below exactly what I did and I am now unclear once I
> created this key how to start using it with my email client. Am I
> missing something?
Everything is fine. The key was generated and is ready for use.
You do not seem to have generated a revocation certificate. It is
*highly* recommended that you do that before you put your key into
active use (i.e. publish it to keyservers etc).

You can now use the key to send out signed email. The method how to do
this depends on which client you are using.
To encrypt mail, you need to gather GnuPG public keys of the people you
want to encrypt to. At the moment, with only your key in the keyring,
you can only encrypt to yourself.

HTH, Sven